How to Get A Dog License MAIL IN OR IN PERSON
The following PDF includes the City of San Jacinto and the City of Hemet animal license fees and application. Click on the city you live in.
The Ramona Humane Society provides animal control services to prevent injury to the pets and residents of the community. Also, animal control services prevent the inhumane treatment of animals through education, animal rescue, and animal cruelty investigations. Animal Control is a program that effectively treats the symptoms while seeking to eliminate the causes by compassionately using the tools of education and enforcement.
RHS Animal Control
438 S. State St
San Jacinto, CA
Office Hours 8:00 AM -5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Closed 12:00-1:00 PM for lunch
Ramona Humane Society
690 Humane Way
San Jacinto, CA 92582
Phone: (951) 654-8002
Residents who reside within the unincorporated areas of County of Riverside will need to contact the Riverside County Department of Animal Control Services.
Facts about Spaying and Neutering:
- 50 percent of litters aren't planned.
- Puppies and kittens as young as two months old or weighing at least two pounds can be spayed or neutered.
- Spay/neuter reduces breeding-related health risks such as reproductive cancer (Pyometra).
- Spay/neuter ends females’ heat cycles (no more unwanted male suitors).
- Spay/neuter reduces roaming and pets’ chances of being hit by cars.
- Neutering resolves most territorial urine marking
- May reduce mounting/ humping behaviors.
- Spaying and neutering do not hurt, as veterinarians use anesthesia during the procedures and provide pain medications afterward.
- Licensing fees are at least half the price of that of an unaltered pet.
If your canine is not altered, then you will be required to pay a higher licensing fee until you have this procedure done. Riverside County has a pet overpopulation problem in which thousands of unwanted pets enter our animal shelters each year. To address the community health issues, a higher dog licensing fee was developed for intact dogs to encourage spay/neuter.